Bake Hayes: Scout of Malton

Gaming diary for Urban Dead, the Zombie Apocalypse MMORPG.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The worst is over? (Heytown/Sprackligbank)

I just did a nearly-complete scan of the 'Craske Triangle' and it looks like the worst of the siege is over: under a dozen zeds left in the neighborhood (quite a few bodies lying around though), and buildings have been mostly secure for the past couple days. Complete scouting report is at the Cornelius Hospital Help Desk.

The chief organizer of this defense, einexile, has been getting a hard time from some of the established groups for not following the 'Uniform Barricade Policy'. I haven't been playing long enough to have an opinion about the UBP as such, but I would observe that this was a siege situation, and even UBP policy provides for ignoring barricade limits at such times. It's also just basically annoying for people who didn't do jack to help with the actual defense to come in and criticize someone who was doing his best to improve the situation. Until einexile set up the Help Desk page, there wasn't any coordination of the defense. Maybe some small groups were communicating privately, but the only information I was seeing were erratic spoken reports as survivors passed through buildings. Now that the situation is calming down, there may be a chance to debate policy and establish some clear responsibilities.

In other news, I've been doing miscellaneous scouting, healing, and zombie thumping and am getting close to another level. I think I'll finally give in and get Tagging, just because it's a fun skill. Shopping might make more sense so that I can hit the malls for supplies, although I'm not sure I want to get caught up in the whole mall siege scene quite yet. Diagnosis would still be extremely useful, but I know now I won't be patient enough to hold off until 150XP. Lastly, I've been toying with getting Basic Firearm Training. I don't really want to become a fulltime gunner, but it would be nice to be able to actually use my shotgun, either for softening up or finishing off targets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home